Fresh snow

As a child I remember sitting in the window of my bedroom after a fresh snowfall. I loved looking at the pure untouched whiteness.....................If I did venture out into it, my fascination was stepping where no one ever had, Being the first in uncharted territory, What a gift........ I remember the frustration I would feel toward my brothers who insisted on irreverently trouncing on every square inch of the yard without thought toward the significance of the moment....Undoubtedly I would return to the house, the safety of my seat at the window exasperated at their lack of appreciation of the gift we had been given....Occasionally a laugh would escape me as I watched the silent movie unfolding in front of me......Snowballs reaching their target, the pounce, tackle and white washed faces of my brothers....The intermittent wave to me at the window and the pleading beckoning for me to participated in the obvious torture. Inevitably I would step away from my seat saddened by the destruction of the winter wonderland........................................................But it would always come again.................This wintry gift of newness...........................This is what I picture when I think of God's forgiveness...He gives us these gifts........Whatever they may be.......And we trounce all over them, only with the thought of ourselves...............And what happens?????..................It snows again...................It will snow again.......

1 Comments:
....its like a spring day here in maryland and most of the snow we got over the past weekend is melted...no longer beautiful and untouched, but slushy and muddy...a great analogy to dwell on in a time where things need to feel fresh and new for us....the rest will melt and even if it doesn't snow again....i know new life will come with spring.......miss you.....
12:36 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home